Point Lookout Yoga Club offers several different meditation classes as well as a study group for students who wish to immerse themselves in a meditation practice.
Meditation class meets Mondays at 8-8:30pm and is by donation. All donations are made to a local charity. Meditation also meets on select Wednesdays from 7:30-8pm ~ please check our schedule. We also offer special Meditation workshops and events, such as Full Moon Beach Meditation ~ check schedule for dates.
Students who attend the course will receive:
– Lifetime access to Dandapani’s 12-week online course on the Mind & Meditation that provides you with tools, techniques and teachings that have been developed by monks for over two thousand years in India and Sri Lanka to help a person discover purpose, live a joyous life and unlock their greatest potential.
The online course teaches you how to:
- Control and direct your greatest tool, your mind
- Learn and practice concentration
- Develop willpower
- Sit and breathe
- Learn to work with and direct energy
- Learn a simple, practical and systematic goal orientated approach to help you establish a successful and sustainable meditation practice
The on-line course includes:
- 12 weeks of lessons
- Over 7 hours of content
- Over 35 video & audio files
- 16 exercises
- Guided meditations
As part of our Study Circle, students also receive:
– Seven (1 hr) Meditation Study Circle classes at the studio with Laura that will meet on select Wednesdays at 7:15pm over the course of approximately 14 weeks.
– Guided Meditation every other Wednesday at 7:15pm (on the weeks when the Study Circle doesn’t meet) throughout the course where we will explore the meditation technique taught in the program.
– Our Study Circle classes will include two (30 min) group Skype Q&A sessions with Dandapani during the course
– Access to our Meditation Study Circle Facebook Group for the sharing of ideas, questions and encouragement as we embark on this journey as a community.
After you register you will be provided with a username and password to access the on-line course. All students will begin and complete the Course at the same time. Thereafter you will have lifetime access to the on-line material as well as our community forum both on Facebook and at the Studio for continued support and learning.